Wednesday 5 March 2014

On the Mat : Dynamo

It's a real pleasure to have a great, detailed interview with Dynamo (www.wrestlingdynamo.com), who was more than happy to open up about her wrestling life(style) and give an insight into her personal history, fetish modelling and the growth in female wrestling. This is one of the best !

 

Although based in the south of England, she is guest appearing at the fantastic Wrestling Factory's March Decade-dence show :
(http://www.pippalvinn.com/pippalvinn.co.uk/dld_pages/decadence/decadence.htm )

I've already booked my session with her - can't wait ! However, until then read on..............:


You’ve been wrestling since 2008 – how did it all start for you?
Dynamo : I come from a martial arts background and have a black belt in TaeKwonDo, a friend ran a wrestling club and asked me if I would be interested in trying out wrestling, I thought why not, so I went along and gave it a go and never looked back.  The club I was with soon dissipated and through the contacts I had made I decided to go independart.  It was tough going and hard work but I built a list of regular clients and through shows I made a good go of it and have now appeared in multiple clips, shows, videos and magazines.

At what stage did you think that you could do this as “a job” and get paid for something you enjoy ?
It happened fairly soon after I started, I was offered money for session wrestling and thought if I can get paid doing it then why not.  I train hard so why not make some pocket money out of it too.

Several female wrestlers (including yourself) do fetish modelling as well as wrestling – why do you think that is? Do you think the two go together?
I learnt early on that session wrestling is a huge fetish, I was doing some wrestling clips for a client and he was also a photographer, He asked me to do some promo shots and then asked me to do some glamour style, I was kind of hooked.  I met a few models who worked in different genres of modelling but because of my age (the wrong side of 30) I thought I was far too old.  However, I met some very interesting people who made me rethink and give it a go.  I sort of fell into fetish modelling as that's where I was most comfortable, I do other styles as well and am versatile but my heart lies with fetish modelling.
 
 
You have your own wrestling studio now – Dee’s Wrestling Den in Wokingham . What made you decide to have your own place and how has it been so far?It was in the back of my mind for a long while, I was constantly travelling to London for sessions and after 2 hours travelling each way and then if you get a no show it was a long day for nothing.  I very much enjoy working in London but just wanted somewhere a little closer to home so I could do more late sessions and last minute bookings, and of course it meant I didn't have to work around other wrestlers bookings and be more flexible.  My studio is a multi purpose studio and was primarily opened as a playspace for me to work from in all my areas.  Modelling, Domming and wrestling.  It has spiralled and is now a very successful photography studio, a dungeon where myself and another mistress works from and a mat room where I can train and hold sessions, events and filming.  It has been a massive success that I could never have imagined.
 
 
I often wrestle at Pippa’s in Manchester as it is the closest to where I like.  What are the best or most memorable places you have wrestled at (besides your own place of course !)
Its hard to say as each venue has its own merits.  Pippa's is of course one of the best as it has such variety with the ring and mat rooms.  But I just as much enjoy working at Monica's and Pippa the Rippas in London.  I have also recently been working in Birmingham at TC wrestling and he has a fantastic venue to work and film from.  
 
 
There seem to be so many girls offering wrestling nowadays – why do you think this is, and does this mean it’s more difficult for people to get session work ?
I think its because some girls have in their heads its easy money, its actually so far from the truth! Which is why a lot of the girls now don't hang around long.  It does it make it harder to get sessions but I still have a long list of regulars who come back time and time again to keep me busy.  You'll soon find as a session wrestler that your reputation means everything and that takes years to build up and that's why people book.  Doing events, shows, filming and marketing yourself is very important.  However, some girls don't want to put the leg work in and that's why they don't last in the industry.
 
 
 
You don’t offer topless or nude matches, but several companies feature nude and topless matches for video download. Have you ever considered doing this or do you prefer to keep it more focussed on wrestling ?
I have done topless wrestling for several companies, however I only do it with female wrestlers.  I have never done or ever will do nude wrestling as even though I do nude modelling, I don't work to open leg levels, I just wouldn't feel comfortable nude wrestling and would rather concentrate on my wrestling than who can see what I had for lunch lol.  I don't offer topless mixed wrestling as again I just don't feel comfortable with it and I believe everyone has their own ideas and levels and shouldn't go past them purely for money.
  
 
With this in mind, have you seen a change since you started in the type of girls who begin wrestling i.e. those who are models first and then do some fetish wrestling, and those who have done, for example, Taewondo (like you) and put the competitive wrestling side first ? Or has it always been like this?
Oh there are definitely more models on the wrestling scene now than when I started.  I think that it's so much more popular now than it was several years ago that more models are being introduced to it and doing filming work.  I also see models do more fantasy style work than competitive work.  Face sitting is very popular and even though not strictly wrestling it is incorporated a lot into sessions.  It's nice to see a girl come onto the scene though who is willing and eager to put in the ground work and build herself up, to progress to a stage where she becomes a well respected and known wrestler.  One name in particular springs to mind, Axa Jay, she has worked hard and earned the respect.  She has come on in leaps and bounds in the part year and I really love seeing that.
 
 
What do you personally enjoy about wrestling ?
I personally love the rush I get from wrestling, it gives me confidence and has built up my strength and fitness.  For the domination side of things I love to be in control and it gives me a sense of being in control of another person.  I'm naturally very competitive and find this gives me a controlled environment to be like that.   

You offer a range of matches, but which kind do you as a competitor like the most ?
It depends what kind of mood I'm in, sometimes I just love a good tussle which makes me work hard and gives a great adrenaline rush.  Other times I feel more playful and enjoy a fantasy style session.  It depends on who the client is as well as I have become good friends with a lot of them and know the exact kind of session they want.   

With mixed wrestling,  besides men being (usually) stronger than women, what other differences do you find ? Also, do you have a preference?
Actually I find the women are much more competitive than men, especially if they are new on the scene as maybe they think they have something to prove by beating an established wrestler.  Unfortunately that's where most injuries also occur.  If I have a match with a female wrestler who has been trained and knows what she is doing I much prefer that, even if I lose.  When I have mixed matches its normally a matter of technique to beat them.  Of course most men are naturally strong but even that's useless when you have them in an armbar ;-)
 
 
Away from the mat, what do you do to unwind ?
I don't have much time to unwind, with running the studio, modelling, wrestling and being a pro domme,any time I do have I like to spend with my husband and kids.  Mind you, both kids are teenagers now so they have a better social life than me!  I do however have a monthly massage and facial which is 'my time' :-)
 
 
Do you have an wrestling or fetish events lined up at the moment ?
I will be in Manchester for Pippa's event in March which I always look forward too.  I have a new girl starting soon which I am about to start to train.  The studio is very busy with different projects going on and I am going to do some fantastic collaborations this year with various people so 2014 will be an exciting year.
 
 
Lastly, why should people book a session with you ?
If you session with me I can guarantee you laughs, I am bubbly and thoroughly enjoy my sessions.  I like to make them fun and am versatile to your levels of ability.  I am told I have strong thighs and love to tease my clients with them.  I love a good banter and work hard to ensure every session is enjoyable.
 

Want to find out more ? Contact Dynamo at :

http://www.wrestlingdynamo.co.uk

http://www.mistress-dynamo.co.uk

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews from the past week