Wednesday 16 April 2014

On the Mat (quick !) : Ultra Violet

 
I haven't posted In a while (well, probably only a month!), so here is a quick Q and A with the enticing Ultra Violet from The London Wrestling Studio, http://www.londonwrestlingstudio.co.uk/, who as well as possessing one of the best names in the business, has a growing reputation alongside a growing fan base. A perfect mix of fun and menace ?
 
 
 
 
So how did you get recruited for LWS ? Were you looking for fighting work?
UV: Literally typed in 'not boring jobs' and on an article found a 6 year old post Honey wrote recruiting for girls 
 
 
It says on your profile that you are an “experienced kickboxer”. So besides wrestling, do you offer kickboxing and other things ?
Yes I love to kick and punch I guess I offer all sorts but I tend to just be asked to wrestle
 


Everyone remembers their first wrestling session.  How did yours go ?
My first session im pretty sure i kept on getting put in kimuras or arm bars i cant quite remember, it was a frustrating but great fun.
 

I know some girls like to keep their wrestling activities a secret – are you okay with people knowing or do you prefer to keep it private?
Yeah everyone knows I wrestle i think, the people that matter don't mind and the people that mind can go fuck themselves 
 
 
Does your name reflect your personality ? Menace and sweetness ?
Ha i never thought of it like that but that is very accurate  of my personality, was considering Ultra Violence first but I think i come across as too cute! 


 
I take it you have a day job – would you ever want to grapple full-time, or do you think that would be difficult as the scene has many wrestlers?
I am a student currently, i wouldn't mind being a full time wrestler at all. If the work in the U.K was thin i would perhaps visit a european country france/Germany and session there
 

It seems to be getting pretty congested in London – lots of different places offering wrestling .  I’ve heard some stories about there being rivalry between particular organisations there. How has it been for you ?
There is a fantasy element to our industry and I think in this case it is more the blokes imagining things. No rivalries other than business is business
 

I imagine you are often asked to do wrestling video work and a lot of companies often feature topless or nude matches which can be quite lucrative. Is that something you might consider or are you focused on competitive fighting ?
 I dont judge anyone for doing that but i'm too shy and there's nothing worse than looking awkward and uncomfortable.
 
 
 
 
You’ve got some great sexy photos on Twitter. Do you think wrestling has a glamorous side to it?
I think it's more that the women themselves are sexy and glamorous not exactly the industry 
 
In your experience so far, have there been any downsides to the wrestling sessions?
id be lying if i said no but i'd be unprofessional if i said specificities. there are much more upsides, i'm truly glad to have met my colleagues 


 

What are you plans for the rest of the year – in LWS and outside.
Perhaps travelling abroad to wrestle but Uni work is very hectic as of late
 


Finally, what do you do to unwind away from the mat?
I think its more a case of I use the mats to unwind from day to day life! 
 

Interested   ?  Find out more : 

Twitter : @ultra_altra

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews from the past week